Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What is it to rip and frog?

So. I'm working on a slit-top felted bag. The pattern comes out of the Chicks giude. I made the first panel, got to the end and realized I didn't have as many stitches across as I was supposed to. Somewhere I dropped one. Rats! Well, I figured I would make the second panel and it would even out (I know, I'm lazy). Well, I didn't drop one on that side. And what's more, I ran out of the yarn I need. Apparently the yardage listed in the pattern wasn't enough. *sigh* Now I have to go buy ANOTHER skein of the same yarn to finish. I think I'm going to end up undoing the first panel and redoing it to the desired specifications. Oops! I think that called ripping and frogging. I could be wrong. I'm still getting used to the slang of this new adoptive community.

On another note, a couple of my coworkers knit. We were thinking of possibly forming a group for the love of knitting/crocheting. I think it will be a lot of fun if we can put it together. I won't share the name, as it is too awesome and I don't want to jinx it. If possible, we want to set it up on ravelry.com Then others could join too if they wanted! Anyway, we'll see. It'll be fun to share the hobby with others.

No comments: